Monday, May 04, 2009

Swine Flu Fever - Nope....Cabin Fever...Ahhh, YES!

***I realize the pictures aren't showing up - I have re-tried it several times and they work at first and then don't. Who knows. Sorry.

It is Monday afternoon and we just heard news that school for our kids has been further postponed until the 11th of May. This is craziness. We have been in "lock - down" since last Friday - so we are on on Day 11 of being at home. In the beginning - when things looked serious - we were quite quite careful...especially seeing that we were in the epi-center of an apparent pandemic. In the past few days I have allowed the kids to play outside a little more and we even invited our teamates over for lunch yesterday. For 1 week straight, however, the kids and I were pretty much behind closed doors and within four walls. I have pulled out all the stops in the "creative and fun Mom" department and facing another week of this means I better refuel and find some more ideas! I think we will be a little more easy going this week since the virus seems to be a lot more under control and the true reports are proving there are a whole lot fewer confirmed cases than they were first proclaiming.

Check out some pics of what we have been doing to entertain one another....

We began it all by converting the living room into a basketball court....



When that got old we switched out to balloon baseball....




We made floor puzzles...



And when the moments of craziness came when I thought I was gonna climb the walls...we made batman capes and I let them climb instead :)



We painted...



And, we have played a fair share of board games and checkers (Reece is really good at this one!), we have had lots of "play baths", we've baked cookies and have colored and drawn pictures, had a few "family movie nights", made some lego model cars, and built cities out of poker chips... and then when we could stand being indoors no longer....

We snuck outside for a family waterballoon fight...







The truth is - other than being indoors so much - we have made the most of it and we have had lots of fun. Oh yes - I would be lying if I acted like we haven't had moments of pure insanity...but for the most part the boys have been great about it all.

So...cheers to another week of family bonding time! Good thing I am as crazy about my guys as I am or this could be a lot worse :) I actually do have a few more ideas up my sleeve!

Thanks for your love, concern and prayers. We are holding up fine - being smart - and avoiding the swine flu! By the sounds of it - it seems that I may need to be asking how you are doing in your parts as this virus spreads!!!

1 comment:

Devin said...

Oh, how I would love to see those pics....they wouldn't come up for me for some reason! Glad you are having fun and staying sane while trapped inside!

Been praying for you :-) and I'm glad to hear that you all are doing okay!

(I promise to email soon!!)