Saturday, May 09, 2009

Motherhood...

Happy Mother's Day to all of you "mommy's". I hope you have a wonderful weekend/day with your families - celebrating the important role of motherhood. My Mom is an amazing woman who has honored me with not only the gift of life - but a childhood of memories, a strong example of faith and godliness and a friendship that remains very special to me.

I want to post again, this special slideshow/video that I put together for this day last year (with a few slides to update this year). I am so thankful that although at this time last year we were in the middle of grief over the loss of life - we celebrate this Mother's Day with the joy and anticipation of new life in our family. Here are my reflections from last year - they have not changed and express how I feel today, seeming to only grow deeper and more intense each moment I am given to experience as a Mom...

I feel very, very blessed and honored to be able to experience this unique and amazing journey of motherhood. Although I always knew I wanted children, I had no idea of the depth of love, grace and responsibility that I would feel in this role. It is hard, it is constant, it is beautiful. It requires all of you and yet it so quickly and naturally steals your whole heart from that first moment I realized I had a new life within me. It is humbling, and requires selflessness, and patience, and sacrifice. It requires you to apologize, regroup and try again. It is up and down, good days and bad ones - every moment is most certainly not precious and glorious. It forces you to face yourself, to face failure, and uncertainty, and worry, and frustrations. And it most definitely calls out loudly for you to depend on the Father for wisdom and energy and guidance. It is so worth it!! I love my children in a way that I can't explain with words. I have moments when I catch a quick glimpse of them - a look they give or a certain laugh or expression and I am absolutely amazed that they came from us. That Benjy and I created them and they resemble aspects of our looks and personalities (not always a good thing!) I love the gift God gave us by allowing us to be a part of creating another life. How amazing. I have never felt more beautiful, in every way, than I felt after each of my children where born - even after the sweat and pain of labor. Another life created by God. I have been changed and shaped and made over into a better woman because of my children. I love God for giving me this precious gift of motherhood - and for my precious children that call me "Mommy". Happy Mother's Day to me!!! I put these pictures together to remind me of how precious life is with my little ones. The song is special to Benjy and I and the pictures flood my heart and fill my soul with a deep, yet simple goodness.

5 comments:

Devin said...

Happy Mother's day to you, my sweet friend! I hope it is a wonderful day for you and your family!

Barb said...

Dear Carolyn,

This is one of the most beautiful slideshows I have ever seen. Priceless! Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

The way that you describe motherhood and your appreciation of it touches my heart . . . makes me wish I could put my memories and emotions of my own experience into words.

Thank you. And congratulations on this new little one. I will be praying . . . and looking forward to hearing more about this pregnancy and sweet little baby.

I love you and am so very proud of you and your beautiful family.

Barb

David and Olivia said...

Amazing. Touching. Thanks for sharing that slide show with us. And thank you for being the mom you are... a great example. You turned the day of Mother's Day from receiving to giving thanks for what you have. May God bless you richly as you serve Him faithfully being a Mom.

Jen Mooney said...

I have been praying that God would help me make my way out of a stressful and anxious attitude about my life and He put your blog in my path! Thank you for writing that. It really gave my spirit a lift.

Anonymous said...

Carolyn, que hermosas fotos!! Tu de verdad me conmueves!! Tus hijos son hermosos, tu familia tambiƩn lo es! que Dios te bendiga siempre amiga!
Nelly