Saturday, May 30, 2009

I Am Sure There Is A Compliment In There Somewhere...

The boys had been playing outside but came in looking a little sad. I asked who they had been hanging out with and they quickly replied, "no one - we just played together because no one else is home."

Seeing it as an opportunity to remind them how good it is to have siblings, I commented on how great it was that they had each other.

Chase looks up at me and says, "you know, if Daddy and Reece and Piersen and you and the baby all died....that would be sad because....it would be really boring."

3 comments:

Timbra said...

since playing is the kid's WHOLE life!!! That's totally a complement! Your little guy is nothing if he isn't honest right?!!!

Anonymous said...

That's our Chase ... telling it like it is!! Camrynne just lost her 1st tooth, but - normally unafraid of most things - she was cautious about this and advised me to pull it out while she was asleep, so she wouldn't feel anything!! Have you ever tried wedging two fingers into a sleeping child's mouth!?

Our 2 and their logic .....

Needless to say, I had no luck, and she approached me at 5:00 AM to show me her tooth in her hand!!!

Love you Chase ... and the rest of your ALIVE family!!

David and Olivia said...

Oh, that's too funny. At least he's looking forward to the baby as another playmate!! :)