Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just In Case You Ever Wonder....

When I was pregnant with Reece, someone gifted us with a book by Max Lucado called "Just In Case You Ever Wonder" - it talks about the love a parent has for their child - from their conception and on through the years. We have read it to all of our boys throughout the years...and will continue reading it to them as they grow up.

Last weekend was a special one for us in that we had the opportunity to meet our newest little one again via ultrasound. We were awed and amazed to see how quickly a baby grows and changes and within just a few weeks the movement, the images and the body parts are so much more defined and recognizable. Amazing. We both felt almost as though it had been our first time to see an ultrasound - our hearts filled with relief and thankfulness at seeing health, movement, and life.

Our doctor was very quick to stop the ultrasound and confirm whether we were interested in knowing this baby's gender. We were. And we are excited to announce that God is blessing us with...

A SON!!!

We are so happy! In the past weeks we have heard countless expressions of prayers, hopes and desires for this to finally be our girl.... but we don't feel disappointed that he is indeed our boy! Reece, Chase, and Pierce are very very happy for another brother. We all celebrate this gift with thankfulness and ask you to begin curbing your prayers towards our peace and sanity (not to mention the grocery bill!) as we joyfully continue the journey of loud noise, wrestling, dirt, bugs, bodily functions and fast moving objects.

When he arrives we will read the same book to this little guy and reassure him how much he was loved and wanted from the very beginning. And... to erase any potential doubts in his mind that the announcement "it is a boy!" brought anything but total celebration to our family, we will show him the following video! Check it out... (note: this original scene began spontaneously around the breakfast table, but I just simply couldn't resist asking them to repeat their exuberance so it could be captured on video!)



Aren't they too cute? :) So, like I said...no more wondering about how we are feeling about another boy - we love the idea!

The picture below, although not that clear, is a side profile of our little boy sucking his thumb (his head is on the right side of the pic with his arm bent and raised to reach his mouth). I was really touched by this because none of my boys have ever been thumb suckers and I thought it was pretty sweet to see it happen on ultrasound.


And...just in case you ever wonder what our lives are gonna look like with a family of FOUR BOYS....I invite you to keep following my blog - or for a more authentic experience....drop on in for a little visit to witness the fun with your own two eyes!!

6 comments:

Devin said...

Oh, Care!!

This is so awesome....and I too would feel exactly the same way as you. I am so happy for another boy to be coming along your way, and am definitely praising God tonight with you!!

So, so excited, my friend! Congratulations!

Timbra said...

hooray. . . i mean, of course i love my girl, i love that i'm having a sister for her. . . but your boys are such great brothers and friends, adding a fourth to that equation is going to be so awesome as they grow together!!! congrats! i'll definitely be stopping by for updates and "visits" to hear all about how your family continues to evolve! prayers of thankfullness are going up for your continued healthy pregnancy!

Beth said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you!

Justin Mooney said...

Hey Carolyn.

I am pumped that you are going to have 4 boys. Mostly because I know you will be there to feel my pai.... I mean joy.

In all honesty though, the more I think of my life in a few years with 4 boys, the more excited I get. It will be awesome. And having the 3 older brothers will be great cause he will be able to learn all the disgusting things they do so much faster.

So enjoy every minute. I know I will.

Justin

Su said...

Oh, that video was brilliant. It made me laugh! Congratulations!


Oh, this is funny... my word verification is "genes"! Couldn't have planned that better!

Alison said...

Congrats! At least you know what to expect huh? I love the entry about yellow versus white in the bathroom...it is crazy how some of that stuff is just inate in their little brains. Seriously, does it always have to be a shooting match with the toilet! Here's to never having the seat down for you again!! We're excited for you guys!! We have a cute little girl who will need a good, Christian husband one day...glad she has some choices :)