Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Another Arrow

"Sons are a heritage from the Lord,
children a reward from Him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are sons born in one's youth.
Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them."
Psalm 127: 3-5

We are more than pleased to announce that we are expecting another baby! Today we have reached the milestone of 12 weeks and we celebrate this new and precious life and his/her development and addition to our family.

We have shared the big news with the boys and they are so so so excited. How fun it has been to watch them process the idea and share their joy. Lots of questions have been asked, lots of extra sweetness and gentleness shared with me, and lots of opinions expressed as to whether this baby needs to be a boy or a girl ("boy" almost always wins out!). Since they are a little older, I am especially excited to watch Reece and Chase prepare for another sibling. The fascination they still have with Piersen is proof to me that they will be great helpers and care-givers to this new little one.

Benjy and I are very thankful for this baby. As the verse above states, we feel blessed. We were relieved to see a healthy image during our ultrasound 2 weeks ago. The two little lives that we lost to early miscarriage last year remain important to us, and although short in time span - they are remembered and loved. Their lives were significant to our family in many ways - especially in reminding us today, in this pregnancy, the miracle of creation and that every little milestone is something to be celebrated and not assumed. Thankfully, I have felt very good and everything seems to be on track for a healthy and safe pregnancy.

So - we await a new addition in mid November!! Adding another arrow to our quiver! Please pray for this sweet baby and for our family as we prepare for his/her arrival!

"For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well!"
Psalm 139:13,14

11 comments:

Jen Mooney said...

Oh Congratulations you guys! That is wonderful news. We wish you the very best and will pray for your health and the health of your baby. We are SO happy for you. 4 kids hey? I don't know that I'd have gone that far willingly but wow - what a blessing it is!

David and Olivia said...

How exciting for you guys! The baby and all of you will certainly be in our prayers. I know all the boys will be great brothers to the little one coming!!! We love you guys and CONGRATS on #4!!

Ed Rhoades said...

Wow! You guys are going to be really blessed! Glad you guys are excited. I can't wait to see you guys this summer. God Bless

Sam and Ann Gonzalez said...

Yeah!!!! It is great to hear that all is going well. We have been praying for you. We look forward to sharing the joy with you. By they way, I will hold onto some pink things for a while, in case you need them. Also, I have some maternity clothes from the last pregnancy (I broke down and got some), if you need some fresh looks.
Love you guys!
Gonzo gang

Devin said...

:-)

:-)

:-)

:-)

:-)

:-)

*one for each precious life*

Love ya girl. So happy to see this officially today.

jenn with two n's said...

Every little one is a blessing! So happy for you all as you prepare for this new little life. Much love,
Jenn

April Kay said...

As always when I hear or talk about this subject, I am crying right now! Thank God for that 12-week perfect angel growing inside your tummy! :) I can't wait to find out what it is!! I kinda think it's another boy. :) Another knock-out little blondie! I bet you're also relieved to finally share the news with everyone. We'll be praying for y'all! Love you!

Su said...

Yay!! Congratulations. I have been praying for you!

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

Overjoyed!

Timbra said...

congrats sweet family!!! how very exciting. Can't wait to hear who you're having. Care. . remember you said "I don't know what it's like for the ultrasound to reveal 'It's a Girl!'?" I hope you get to hear those words this time. . . . girls are AWESOME and she'd have three totally great big brothers (scary maybe for her. . . ). . . . lots of love, luck and hopefully you feel well!!!

Alison said...

We are so excited for you guys and praying for a beautiful healthy baby always...though we secretly hope for a beautiful, healthy little girl for you guys! You need some estrogen in the house to balance out all of that testosterone. Glad you guys are doing well!