Monday, May 11, 2009

Same Tune, Different Words

My husband continually bugs me about my talent of singing the wrong words to songs. I guess I passed it on...

A few years ago, the boys received a video of Gospel Bible Songs as a gift. We had it playing yesterday as we got ready for church. I am sure you remember the old spiritual that goes..."I shall not be moved - you know that I - shall - not - be - moved"

Here are the words - with exactly the right tune, by the way - that I heard coming from the bathroom last night where Chase was supposed to be brushing his teeth...

"I shall not be rude - you know that I shall not be - I shall not be rude - because my mom says - I - shall - not - be -rude"

Ha! I guess that works too!

:) And...I promise you, I do not make this stuff up! :)

4 comments:

David and Olivia said...

Too cute.

Timbra said...

maybe you and mike were secretly separated at birth. . . he's a wonderful singer, horrible with lyrics!!! what a cute little story!

MexSonShine said...

ha ha...that is so cute...and oh so true. Love keeping up with your family and your mission.
Alicia

Su said...

So, have you decided to encourage the new lyrics, then? :)