Wednesday, July 19, 2006

We Are Pregnant!!

My heart is overflowing with goodness and I feel like I can't stop smiling, now that the thoughts and suspicions of new life within me have been confirmed by a very obvious 2 lines on todays pregnancy test. The last several days have made me believe there might be a chance but I just wasn't sure and I didn't want to feel disappointed. Although I tried to remind myself that it very likely may not be true, I found myself thinking about another baby a lot and so by the time it seemed logical to actually take a test - I was really hoping that we would be pregnant. And WE ARE! I love seeing the look on Benjy's face - we are both humbly thankful. While the kids were resting, I took the test and since we have been excitedly talking, thinking, discussing baby names, etc.. We revisited our previous plan to leave the sex of our next child as a suprise until the delivery room. I think we are both on board this time! After all - each of the boys had an element of suprise to their arrivals so we want the same for the next. Both Benjy and I say we would like a girl, of course we would love a baby girl, but also kind of expect another boy - which will be fun too! We have decided to not tell others of our pregnancy, including the boys, until we are a bit further along and have seen the doctor, etc.. (we'll see!) But as Reece came walking down the stairs from his nap, Benjy asked him, "Reece - would you want a brother or a sister?" His response: "a sister". "Really," Benjy said, "a sister instead of another brother?" Reece smiled and said, "How about a sister and another brother and then maybe another sister!" Luckily, Reece is too young to know the significance of this conversation. My heart feels so blessed. And this is just me to a "t" - looking at Chase a little more tenderly as I picked him up from his nap this afternoon, knowing that he isn't the baby of the family anymore, God willing. My prayer of thanksgiving and protection and development goes up to God this afternoon....

"Father, the Giver and Sustainer of Life - I praise You and thank You for giving us another opportunity to participate in creation of life. I am so thankful and so filled with joy over today's knowledge of this precious baby. Please protect and take care of our little one over these next days, weeks and months. I thank You for the love and happiness I see in Benjy's eyes as we realize the goodness of this blessing. Thank You for giving me such a great man to share life with - and a great father to raise my children with. I thank You today for Reece and Chase - and for who they are to us. We love our boys and have been so blessed by each stage of development they have experienced. I pray for them and ask You to prepare them for this change. They are going to love having a baby around - I know it! And Father, I pray for my health - please take care of me and give me a healthy pregnancy. I give this little one to You today and entrust him or her to Your perfect care. I love You Father, Amen"

No comments: