Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Family Get Away for a Taste of Paradise!

Okay - so I worked hard to post all my great pictures with my new fancy camera on this flickr.com thing and as I was doing it I found out there was a limit to how many I could upload before I hafta pay - grrrrr..... So....please enjoy a few of my favorites here on the blog, a few more on the sidelink (just click on one of the pics and it will open up the slideshow) and the rest after I get permission from my husband to pay the $24.95 to post them all! And please note: a few of the flickr pics are from our May trip to SeaWorld - I can't figure out how to separate them so just bear with me - I am technologically challenged!

We took a little family get away to an absolutely beautiful place called Cocoyoc. It is about an hour from Mexico City - and a breath of fresh air from the cement, traffic and busy-ness of big city life. We took a bus - which was a fun adventure for the kids. And we went alone - just us - and that was especially neat as we often do things like this with teammates, friends or family. We just spent one night but it has recharged me - it was so great! We questioned whether we should go or not....because the weather wasn't the best - but we decided to just do it and it was wonderful. It did rain hard but it was all the more refreshing and we were still able to swim and take many "family walks". We did end up being in three rooms on a one night stay (a record maybe) because the rain was coming down so hard that it began leaking through the roof in room 905, they moved us to 904 at 11:30pm for it to begin to drip on Reece again in about 20 minutes. So we packed up and went down to 813 where we were nice and dry! Great memories! Family time is so priceless and I thank God for the time we had to have it together in such a beautiful place. If you ever come to Mexico, you need to check this place out!


 
 
 
  Posted by Picasa
 
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great little get away spot!! I am sure there are sooo many cool places to be visited. Awesome!!

L. Char

Anonymous said...

Hey Carolyn - some great pictures there - I'm not sure how many you are trying to upload to Flickr but I think there's a way to choose how big the files are that you send and that should let you upload more pictures with less quality... I'm at about 100 pictures and haven't had to break down and pay yet anyway. :)

Good to see the updates.

Erna Wiebe said...

Carolyn - Great pictures. Reminds me of the days we spent at Bear and Honey's place. Such good memories.
Looks like a place to go to for a second time.
Love you lots,
MOM

Anonymous said...

Those pictures rock! Looks like a great trip!