Wednesday, July 19, 2006

First Time to the Movies

We took the kids to see CARS over the weekend. Okay - just to clarify - there was almost NOBODY other than us in the theater so I didn't think it was a big deal to snap a few pics. Reece was quite excited as it was the first time for him to go to a theater(that counts since he was 4 months old the last time).

 

As parents of young children, we haven't been to see too many movies as of late and I had forgotten about the lengthy previews. I should have waited until the movie was actually beginning, because, no joke, 20+ minutes later it was time for Cars to begin. But Chase didn't mind at all because he was perfectly content with both hands in the popcorn bowl. It was pretty cute because he was barely heavy enough to hold his own seat down, yet he sat there with his own little cup of popcorn between his legs and an arm on each armrest...happy as a pig in mud...for most of the movie.

 

Reece kept asking when it was actually going to begin!

 

But once it did he was pretty into the show. His favorite part was the "tractor tipping" scene.

 
By the last 20 minutes or so, Chase had lost all interest in the show, the popcorn was all gone (for quite some time already) so he found more amusing ways to entertain himself!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Boy Reece .... that was Kalen's favorite part too!! Cute show hey?!! IF your McDonald's has the toys, get the Volkswagon for your Auntie!! We missed quite a few when they were @ our McDee's, but I like that one!!!

Love you guys,

Char

Anonymous said...

I laughed till I cried at the pictures! I am still laughing. Chaser is so cute and I can imagine him with his tub of popcorn. Hilarious! Love you all
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Yeah... I have to agree, those pictures are GREAT! No shortage of boys in your household Carolyn! How DO you do it?! :-)

Erna Wiebe said...

Hey! Care! I laughed as you related your movie adventure to me over the phone. I could see in my minds eye, Chase entertaining himself. And Reece will never forget it, I am sure. He was so excited telling me all about it.
God bless you as you live and teach your children about the good and fun things to do in this world.
I love you lots,
Mom