Monday, July 31, 2006

An Appropriate Gesture of Honor and Pride

Although my Dad has been gone for a year and a half already, my Mom recently shared with me something she plans to do in honor of what he loved and was proud of. My sister, Charlotte, is in a Country Gospel group called All 4 One and they just produced their second cd entitled, Along the Way. Their first cd was the pride and joy of many I am sure - but none more than my Dad. He talked to everyone about it and bought numerous copies for family members and friends - so they could hear his daughter sing. My Mom has been saving the money that was found in his wallet on the day he passed away for something to do that would honor Dad....and she is very appropriately going to buy a large number of Char's new cd's and share them with family and friends - a perfect idea - and exactly what I know Dad would have done.

Char, you are gifted and talented. Thank you for the encouragement you bring to me -and so many others - through your voice. I love the cd - it has filled the walls of our home many times already in these few short weeks since its release!

Mom, thank you for your kind and thoughtful gestures to honor Dad in our family and community.

I love you both!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey ...

Thanks for the post. It was truly an honour ... as I described it to mom ... this has felt like somewhat of a delayed 'blessing' directly from Dad, in that mom would choose to use the money that I didn't even realize she was pondering over, in such a way.

Needless to say ... although it is just money, it is a symbol of the last of Dad's material presence in this life, and the cash is tucked carefully onto the back of the Toronto Maple Leaf truck ... not to be spent.

Love you ... and will send you the real CD with artwork, etc.

Char

Kristi said...

Hi Carolyn,
I have been enjoying seeing your website and what you are up to. I remember when Cyrus and I went to your wedding and now you have two kids. They are so cute! Is there a website for your sisters group she is in? Our family blog is crook-family.blogspot.com Check it out sometime. Take care!

In Him,
Kristi Crook

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that about your sister... I'd love to hear the CD!!!

Thinking of your dad... still so sad for your loss, though it's heaven's gain. Looking forward to meeting him one day...