Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Ummmm, Thanks Reece???

 


What is happening to our firstborn? His personality continues to develop and it must be said that the boy enjoys joking around. He can be a goof! As of late, he has taught all of his brothers the age old childhood game of "no means yes - yes means no"! The hilarious thing is that Reece is convinced that it was HIS invention and won't be told otherwise.

As if my life isn't crazy enough raising these 4 kids - now I get to decipher their communication games....and I'll just say this, the game doesn't work in all contexts, but they think it does! Pierce is quick to play too so, for example, when I ask..."Piersen, do you need to use the potty?" he quickly responds, "no, but no means yes" Or, Chase "please pick up your toys..." and he responds "I already did but yes means no". So to say the least, we are doing double duty in our communicating these days - just to be sure I am "getting" what they are actually saying. Grrrrr.... Thanks a lot Reece!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

Love the new blog look! okI don't even understand Reeces game! Will have to prepare for that one. Love you

Timbra Wiist said...

that sounds really um. . .helpful? KIDS!!! when i read stories like this, i just prepare myself that the things we did as kids are what ALL kids do and they WILL come back around to haunt me :)

Anonymous said...

That kinda' compares with one mimicking the other one...now that can be challenging........