Sunday, February 28, 2010

I Am Proud To Be A Canadian!

Ever since I can remember I have been a huge fan of the Olympics - both winter and summer, but especially winter!  Living in Mexico doesn't lend itself, naturally, to many opportunities to follow Winter Olympic coverage.  That made me sad. I love the sports, I love the medal presentations, I love the national anthems, I love the opening and closing ceremonies, I love the flags, I love the human spirit, I love the stories of inspiration behind the athletes, I love the hard work and competition, I love the looks of determination and of victory, I love the information about the culture of the host country...I love it all!  A lot of emotions can be experienced during the games :) Although we didn't get great coverage of the events these past 2 weeks...we watched what little we could and felt so thankful today to be able to watch the gold medal hockey game and the closing ceremonies.  I am proud to be a Canadian.  I am proud of all of our medals and especially the gold ones :)  I just think it is pretty cool to remember my great Canada and all it has to offer!  Apparently, my son is just like me because tonight Chase literally broke down into a heap of tears.  I thought it was because we told him it was bedtime but then he hugged me and blubbered, "but I don't want the Olympics to be over!"  Too sweet.  My boys loved watching all the winter sports and had more questions to ask than I ever knew possible.  It was fun to experience this with them ~ blew my mind when I began to tell them how old they will each be the next time the winter Olympics roll around. Craziness.  But until then - good job Team Canada!  Love you!

3 comments:

Timbra Wiist said...

hooray Canada. . .they hosted an awesome set of games. we too LOVE watching. alani got kind of tired of it since it zapped all of our attention for two weeks, so maybe it was BETTER for you and your boys and the love of it all that you only got tidbits. . .no overload for them :) my mom and sis got to go and saw amblin (canadian) win against apolo ohno the other night in speedskating!!!

Su said...

I was proud of Canada, too. Well done.

My Canadian co-worker gave me a Canada shirt about an year ago, and she wanted to know why I wasn't wearing it on Monday morning! I tried telling her that I'm not Canadian, but she wasn't interested! :) Well done, indeed.

Anonymous said...

I think we all had Oympic withdrawls when they were over. I, too, am proud to Canadian. Maybe next time we can watch them together.............