Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hide and Seek

I am so tired this morning....a few bad nights in a row regarding sleep.  So imagine my appreciation towards Piersen when, after getting the older two boys out the door and off to school, I begin to tackle the necessary job of bathing Hudson.  Thankfully, he loves to be in the water so it was a nice quiet moment between him and I - the door closed, the heater on so it was nice and toasty warm, Hudson was smiling.  As quick as it often happens, Pierce barges in so as not to miss any of the action.  He wants to crawl up there and be apart of it all...I am wanting to finish before Hudson gets cold.  I remind Pierce that he needs to close the door so it stays warm inside when he announces - with his toddler enthusiasm - "let's play hide and seek".  Unfortunately, my first response was to interrupt his joy with "not right now buddy I need...." BUT before I could get a word in I heard him announce "I'm gonna hide right here".... (he normally has a pretty accurate concept of the game, so this surprised me).  I just went with the flow...continued on with Hudson - taking my turn at announcing my hiding spot (which was exactly where I had been standing this whole time)...Piersen hid his eyes, counted to 10 in spanish, and was soooo very pleased to find me easily before he took his turn hiding again (also, in the same place he had hidden the previous time - which, mind you, required no effort on my part to even turn around!)  This went on several rounds and I realized the gift my sweet son gave me this morning - an effortless energy-less game....exactly what I needed...and apparently all he needed too!!  Thanks Pierce!

2 comments:

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

They really know when we need a break don't they? Well sometimes they do. But I really think the older they get the more they can tune into our moods. That's good and bad. Love you!

Su said...

What a sweetheart!

BTW, I'm reading you on my work computer today, and your pics look particularly fantastic on the huuuuge monitor I work with. Just wanted to let you know. :)