Friday, February 12, 2010

Not Forgotten

Just a few short and simple words tonight as I remember that 2 years ago today we learned of the loss of our first baby to miscarriage.  That little one forever changed me and has not been forgotten - even in the middle of holding a happy, coo-ing and beautiful baby in our arms tonight. I am thankful that the connection I felt with that unborn child has not been dismissed - that the deep love for a child, appreciation for the miracle of life, and the sting of loss were fully experienced in those days and still linger in my memories and in our hearts. 

Just last week Chase had to make a presentation in front of his class about his family tree.  He came home from school that day and sadly told me that we had forgotten to put our 2 babies on the poster.  It made me smile to realize that those sweet babies even reached into the lives of their older brothers...and I am thankful for that.

Tonight, I remember, with a smile on my face our sweet little one - not known or held, but very, very loved.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Chase is so sweet!!

Devin said...

*very, very much "like"*

April Kay said...

Oh Carolyn, I am so sorry! I have been struggling a lot lately with our losses, more than ever, so I know that those sweet babies will always be in your heart, not matter how many beautiful, healthy children you have. How can they not be? Love you. And the fact that Chase also sees them as a part of your family, there are no words for that!