Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Piersen Benjamin

My heart could not feel fuller - I am so blessed and feel overwhelmed with the goodness of God! I am more than thankful for my husband and my three beautiful sons!

Little Piersen Benjamin entered our world on Monday night - 12 days early! I was resting with the kids on Monday afternoon and when I woke up I felt like things were different. Although I was not having contractions, I guess it was instinct or something because I sensed the need to go and have a check up. Part of that motive was wanting to be prepared for planning for the other boys and to have a frame of reference for where I was at in it all since my last delivery was so quick. It turned out to be a good thing as at 6:00 I got into the doctor and he said he was admitting me since I was dialated to a 2 -3 (and beginning to feel some contractions, although irregular). My labor progressed at a good rate and all was going really well until it was time to push. The little guy answered our request with turning out of his breech position a few weeks ago - but he created a bit of a different mess as he came out face up instead of face down. This made it quite a bit more difficult to push him into this world - but he finally came out and blessed us with his cry at 10:10pm.

 


 


 


Piersen weighed 6 lbs 12 oz. and was 20 inches long. He is healthy and we feel humbly blessed to have another son. I will answer the question everyone has been wanting to ask - and some even have asked - so...."were you disppointed at all that he wasn't a girl?" We had already felt like he was probably a boy and although we would have been happy with a daughter - we also loved the idea of 3 sons. And once you hold that little baby in your arms - there is nothing but overwhelming love - no disappointment at all. Piersen, to us, is not "another boy" - he is a uniquely different child that we get the adventure to raise! Praise God for giving us him. And while we did wonder if Reece would be disappointed - he was very quick to accept and love another little brother. In fact today he said he is so happy - now he has another boy to wrestle with!

We named him Piersen Benjamin. Piersen was actually on our very first "name list" for a boy when we were pregnant with Reece. "Chase" was also on that very first "name list" so it is kind of special to think that all three boys came from our original thoughts and dreams of a baby. We will call him Pierce for short - we like how it goes with Reece and Chase. And...Benjamin is from his very special Daddy. Benjy has been excited about this pregnancy from the beginning - and although his humility was a bit opposed to naming a child after himslf - I told him that "I" was naming him after him! I love it and think it is perfect. And...although it may be a bit too early to tell, I have a sneaking suspicion that Piersen fittingly has his Daddy's dimples!

It was a really neat experience to see Reece and Chase meet their little brother. They are absolutely enamored with him! From the first moment of entering the hospital room they were full of kisses and love for Pierce. The pics below show their initial meeting and discovering their "little" brother.

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


The addition of Piersen to our family is an exciting thing. We are really looking forward to watching him grow and change and add to our family dynamic. Three boys is bound to create many active and fun adventures ahead! We are pretty happy!

 



 


 
Posted by Picasa


 


We came home from the hospital today (Wednesday) to 2 very excited boys! Reece was eager to show Piersen the "welcome home sign" that the boys made for him a few weeks before his arrival (Reece printed the letters all on his own!)

 
Posted by Picasa


 

 
Posted by Picasa


So now life begins with 3! Thank you to all of you for your love, support, and encouraging comments as you meet - even only via internet - our sweet baby. We are surrounded by so many who love us! A very special thanks to our AIM girls - Beth and Michelle who really helped us out in a significant way - they watched Reece and Chase while we were in the hospital. We love you girls!