Tuesday, March 20, 2007

1 Week Old

 


Little Pierce is a week old and doing great! It is still pretty surreal to us that we have not even reached our due date and yet we have enjoyed his presence for a week. Hard to believe that he fit inside me because although he is soooo tiny still, he just seems like he can't have been inside me, as he stretches out for an afternoon nap in the picture above. So far (I say so far because by baby #3 I have learned how many times sleeping patterns change in the first year alone!) he seems to have had his days and nights figured out from the get go. He is making things fairly easy on me - sleeping in good chunks at night and when he wakes up, he just eats and goes right back to sleep. He has several awake times in the day too and we enjoy that (Reece and Chase especially wish he did more than sleep and eat!).

My Mom arrived safely on Sunday evening and we are LOVING having her here. She is one of those Grandma's who connects quickly with the kids and is more than a servant in helping around the house. She is a great story teller too - so I am relieved to have a trade off on Reece's continual request for stories about "Timmy" (the main character in every story shared - due to the boys pleas for a "Timmy story").
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


 

The biggest fight in the house so far is in trying to keep Reece and Chase off of him. Piersen has received more kisses than you can imagine and they LOVE to hold him. Oh what fun!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Care,
Just wanted to check in and say you're in our hearts. I'm glad your mom made it safe. I'm glad everything is going so well...just soo happy for you. Enjoy your mom.
Kristi M.

vik said...

you are a fantastic family. the pictures look great, it must be a wonderful time for the whole gang.

and I finally saw your mom! You spoke a lot about her while in slovakia so I'm glad I can visualise. :)

enjoy your time with your tiny man. only three more nights to go and he'll be starting college! :)

Kristi said...

Caroline,
What a beautiful family!

Love Kristi Crook

Anonymous said...

a long time ago a fellow from world visiopn came to visit our community i can see your head swelling from all the bragging goin on in your blog my concern is the bullying alredy being displayed by the older boys with your mother there that can hopefully stop alla well that ends well bol p2''''''

Anonymous said...

as a poor man living in a rich mans world it is nice too see a loving family soooo happy with there new baby. i also agree that htere is evidence of bullying and hopefully the experience of your mother will help curb the violence depicted in the photos. it appears to be a happy family that will become happier as days go by. good luck in your adventures bye for now

Anonymous said...

Carolyn, I thought of you yesterday. At a pastors' training kind of day, I met a young guy (25) who grew up around Herbert. Being a Gravelbourg-er, I asked a few questions. Then he clarified, "Well, I didn't actually live in Herbert. I lived in a really tiny town, like 15 people, named Gouldtown."

My jaw dropped because I actually knew a Gould-er. So I put your name out there... and we had our "man, the world is small, eh" moment.

I never did catch his family name, but thanks to a 25-year-old guy named Jody, you and your family were brought to the front of my mind yesterday.

Blessings on you guys!
Jason Bandura

Anonymous said...

Hey Carolyn! How are you? IT was great to read your thoughts on Mark's blog, thanks for your loving words! It is pretty sweet to open your childrens blogs and read their thoughts and dreams and read their words to each other! I feel so blessed! They have turned into amazing people, loving God and doing their best. If you go to Mark's you can link to Peters, Blair's and Keri'Lyn's (now married to a great guy she met at Western, from Mexico! Alvaro Valdez Martinez) so...yes we are all getting older! My email address is lroberts@mvsd.ca or lavonneroberts@hotmail.com. The first is my work email. Kerry and I don't have a blog, not enough moments yets, not into it much, but enjoying our kids! We also don't have a home computer, so check things out at work before I go home. Anyway...connect with me, I'd love to hear about your life. Your little ones are so sweet, congrats on the new baby! Where has all the time gone? Joy has moved to Winnipeg, MB. and is working for Great West Life, fulltime, not married or dating anyone right now, only single one left, all other four kids got married within four years and gave us four grandchildren in that time, so they have been busy, Mark has two, Kiara and Kori, Pete has one, Eva...and Blair has one, Makena Grace! Keri and Alvaro are just finishing school and starting work , so no babies yet, but they are talking about it sometime in the next couple of years. Joy says we will have to wait a long time for her! HA! We will see. Anyway...I work for the local high school in Dauphin, DRCSS! Kerry is managing Kal Tire here, huge new store on Main Street and about 14 employees under him and also he elders for our church, so life is never boring, and very busy...we are well and would love to hear about your life! I love you my dear...God bless and take care! LaVonne Roberts, your former mom!