Saturday, March 10, 2007

Cute But Unacceptable!

So, little Chase has entered the fun stage of showing attitude back at us when he is disciplined, or even when he just hears something he doesn't like. He began to stick his tongue out at me but learned quickly that it doesn't feel so good to get his mouth "flicked".....so he adapted his response to a scrunched up nose with a dirty look. Nice try. Well, he is also in the stage of repeating most of what he hears and Reece has, on more than one occasion, called him a "mean guy" in some of their brotherly encounters. He now tells people that they are a "mean guy" or a "mean, mean, mean, mean guy" and he calls himself a "mean guy" if the name fits the situation. Tonight I chose to borrow his language to teach him what is NOT appropriate behavior in our home.... that maybe we oughta be a "nice guy" and give kisses instead of dirty looks. We'll see how he catches on! (I do think the faces he makes are kind of cute though....but, not acceptable!) Check this out....(seems he is having a hard time transitioning to a friendly "kiss" - still looks a little "mean"!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a few good laughs as I read your last few blogs. I totally know where you are coming from. The spilled juice thing and the cold food - the sassy (but oh so cute)youngest child, etc. I wish I had the energy to write on my blog about all these things too. Keep it up! Hope your baby comes soon and easily! Love Charla

tim rush said...

Congrats! Just heard the great news. And love the name... though I was expecting Timothy Benjamin.

Oh well. Maybe next time.

God bless you guys.