Sunday, October 01, 2006

Weekend Happenings....

This weekend was almost like most weekends, except that...
* dear Dodger Black (Reece's fish) died. I went to feed it on Friday evening and noticed him floating sideways. Oops. Reece was already in bed so we waited until Saturday to tell Reece and allow him to experience one of life's many lessons - the loss of a pet. His reaction was interesting. As to any toddler, the novelty of a fish had worn off a long time ago so I wasn't even sure if he would care. He didn't cry or even seem very sad. Mad might be the better description. He did want to touch him and try to save him but I told him he was floating like that since yesterday - he was dead. Reece said that Dodger Black was a bad, bad fish because he died. And that God and Jesus didn't like fishes.....to which Benjy reminded him that God made fish and He liked them very much, that Dodger Black wasn't bad, he was just dead, and that Dodger Black was in "fishy heaven" (hadn't heard that one before!) Reece left it at that for the rest of the day, but did say it was the sad part of his day during "happy parts/sad parts" routine.
* I reached 15 weeks in my pregnancy. I feel good and am thankful for this little baby. I really couldn't feel happier about our families stage (besides a little fearful at times of how 3 might be!)
* Chase did a half turn side flip off of and over the edge of the side of the slide and landed flat on his back...a good ways away from the slide. He is acting a little big for his britches as of late and I have imagined a broken neck with his boyish ways of playing. But - he cried for a few seconds and wanted to go back up. Kids are crazy!
* I have made a scrapbooking plan - plotting out a way to achieve some progress in the boys' "1st year" books. Now I just need to get to it!
* the coffee shop is in full swing with our new employee, Veronica. We feel good about it and have had made some good business over the last few days (we are now open Monday - Saturday from morning to evening with a few hours off around noon). I will post a few pics soon of the shops new location.
* we watched the movie, "Ghandi" this weekend - I had never seen it before but was quite challenged by his life.
* Benjy and I had a good conversation about our kids - proud of where they are at developmentally, and also retouched on areas we need to grow at in our parenting them. Chase is really fun! He is talking a whole bunch more - saying lots of things spontaneously now and is fun to interact with. He makes the cutest excited or scared face and is beginning to really like books - which makes us quite happy. Reece is amazing us with his ability to pick up on the spanish language. He is really doing well - showing a lot of interest in how to say things in spanish and seems like he only needs to be told once - a little sponge for a brain! He brought home some of his notebooks this week and we have been working on stuff that he misses during the week by only going part time. He is really doing well! We have got some good boys!
* had a good morning with our house church - worshipping and fellowshipping together.
* kids are resting, Benjy is playing video games and I am going to read a book! Yay!

That about covers the last few days. I am looking forward to another new week...hope you are too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there I did a search for Mexico Mommy and your blog came up! We are ministering in Oaxaca. I have been having fun finding other moms living in Mexico!

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear things are going well. We sure enjoyed spending time with you a couple of weeks ago. The girls always enjoy spending time with other kids. Let me know how your scrapbooking plan comes along...I might join you if I ever get to it!
Ann Gonzalez