Saturday, September 23, 2006

Bonding Opportunities

A big change happened at our house today! We used our Saturday to deep clean the boys' bedrooms and in the process decided to move the boys into the same room! They are excited to share a room and I think it is neat for siblings to share a room (I have great memories of sharing a room with Char for many years!) In some ways I think we might be crazy since there is nothing pressing them to be in the same room for another many months - so why make them adjust to each others naps and sleeping patterns if they don't have to?! Well, on the other hand, it is going to happen down the road so why not do it now when we don't have a newborns nighttime waking to add to the mix. So we moved Chase's crib in and we will see how it goes. I think it will be fun for them and will provide them bonding time and more chances to scheme ways to get into trouble together - ha! Tonight, Chase was so excited to be in Reece's room, he was jumping on the bed and giggling - Reece looked at me and said, "he is going to wake me up!" But - so far so good - all is quiet.

The other good thing this move does is open up a little more space for me to set up a table and try to get busy on scrapbooking. I am one of those Mom's with great intentions but I have 2 toddlers with incomplete baby books (and actually, I won't say how many pages are even completed!). But with #3 on the way, I would love to get organized and finish each of their first year books at least. I need to get into a rhythmn and stop worrying so much about making the perfect layout. I tend to get paralyzed when it comes to finalizing a page and taping the pictures into place. I take a ton of pictures and so it makes it even harder to select which ones deserve to make it into the album! Oh, the pressures of life - ha!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Carolyn,
That is so hilarious about the scrap booking. I am in the same boat right now. I am still working on Connor's first year and decided I need to get started again before baby 2 comes. It is so hard to choose which one to put in because I love them all. It is good to know I am not the only mom with this dilemma. I also worry about not ding a good enough job, but know no matter what I do Connor will appreciate it. Have a great week.