Saturday, October 07, 2006

Flowers For Everyone

  Posted by Picasa

This afternoon, Benjy came home with a huge bouquet of red and yellow roses...just because! I was so happy and in my thanking him I said to Reece, "isn't it so nice that Daddy brought me flowers!" He seemed a little bothered and stated strongly, "they aren't just for you Mommy, they are for everyone" - so I am sharing my beautiful roses with the family :) As with most things, Reece wanted to help me arrange them in the vase and it created a good conversation between us. I explained to him that when he grows up and becomes a Daddy he needs to remember how much Mommies love flowers and get them for her, etc.. etc.. - then I backtracked and explained that before he became a Daddy he would become a husband. We talked about the difference between being a wife and Mommy and a husband and Daddy. Then we went on with our day.

Tonight, just before bedtime, the topic of the roses got brought up again as we noticed them cheering up the kitchen table. Benjy told Reece that the yellow roses mean "friendship" and he asked if he thought Mommy and Daddy were good friends. Reece's response was pretty classic (in my humble opinion) - he said, "well, Mommy is the wiseman and Daddy is the foolishman!" HA! Not sure if earlier he was hearing "wise" instead of "wife" but hey, his take on it all sounds good to me!

No comments: