Sunday, October 29, 2006

Revealing Pink or Blue

My growing tummy is confirmation that we are moving along, but it is hard to believe I am almost half-way there! Although this is my third time around of pregnancy, I continue to be amazed and marvelled at what it really means to have a real little life inside me. I am sure if I had 100 children, (don't worry - that is not in the plans) - it would still be that way. Over the weekend I believe I have sensed the fluttery movement of our little one for the first time. How incredible! And how reassuring to my heart! When I was pregnant with both Reece and Chase, I didn't feel them move until around this time, even though "they" say you can often feel the baby earlier in subsequent pregnancies....so things seem right on course. I am growing, feeling really good and loving being pregnant! I should have an appointment this upcoming week and I think we will have an ultrasound - the ultrasound that would enable to reveal "pink" or more "blue". But, contary to popular demand, we are going to wait about 20 more weeks for the answer to the question. Sorry! I will admit that my curiosity is there and I have weakened a small amount in this idea...but Benjy stands strong and brings me back to the fun-side of waiting. So - we are waiting. We will explain our desires to my doctor and ultrasound doctor, and be fascinated by the details of our little ones development as we see it on the screen - without trying to peek at the private area that might reveal the anticipated secret. For those of you who have been in the position of not finding out - what do you do? Close your eyes during part of the ultrasound? I mean, we have learned how to see the image on the screen (unlike the first time when you just nod in amazement when the doctor tells you that that is your babies head, arm, legs, etc.. and you just don't see it at all....but don't want to let that on either! as if it is your first signs of failing as a parent! ha!). Or I guess the doctor tells you when he is looking at that area and your integrity guides you to close your eyes?! I am new at this "suprise" thing - and since we want to wait - how do we do this? Anyway, just know that me and baby are doing great! Praise God for His continual care and blessings!

4 comments:

Erna Wiebe said...

Hey! Care! Great to know that you are doing well. I have no advice as to what to do during an ultra sound as I never had one. To us it was always "wait and see." I am sure you will enjoy just the anticipation of it all. I think about that little one often and can't wait to hold him/her in my arms. What an awesome experience
I miss you guys, even though I have talked to you 3 times this week. Just having a lonely time today. It is cool and snowy and with the advance of winter, the emptiness of the house brings a realization of being alone - no one to share those special things, even though insignificant, with ones better half. But out God is an awesome God and He sees me though these times - stronger and ever looking upwards.
Love you lots,
Mom

Kristi said...

Hi Carolyn,
In my ultrasounds the baby either moved to much or was facing down so we did not have to worry about accidentally finding out. With Connor and this new one on the way we never found out. It is so much fun not to know, and such a beautiful moment when the baby finally arrives to discover what it is with your husband for the first time. Don't give in to your curiosity. It is well worth the wait. We are at 27 weeks now. Three weeks until the count down. We are so excited. Glad you are doing well. Take care and will pray for the continued health of you and your baby.

Love Kristi

Trevor Seibel said...

Carolyn and Family,

I did not realize that you were expecting again. Congratulations. We will pray for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.
We were hit by the "snow bug" this weekend...yup, 3.5 feet to be exact! there is a picture on our blog.
Say Hi to all!
Trevor

flee said...

Hey how did it go? Praying for you guys and thinking of you. Love..flee