Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"The" Picture

It's that time again...

When Reece was 6 weeks old we had some family pictures made and we really liked one in particular so we ordered it. When Chase was 6 weeks old we tried to replicate the picture - and Chaser wore the same clothes and lay on the same blanket that had been in the picture with baby Reece. And...you guessed...we did the same with Piersen at 6 weeks old. Same age. Same blanket. Same clothes. (same parents - haha) So...now when Hudson became 6 weeks old it was time to take "the" picture again. I have so enjoyed these pictures and I am thankful I kept up the tradition...it has created a lot of conversation when we have people over...and it is often noted how similar each baby looks at the same age.

First, a candid of the star of the photo and then the crew of boys that I call mine!! Scroll down to see all of the pictures together...

 

 

 

And here we have it: "the" family picture featuring our 6 week old Hudson!  Below you can see all of the other pics that preceded this one.  What I like to refer to as our collage of the growing family...

 
The Growing Family...
The new addition: Reece Samuel
The new addition: Chase Lambert
The new addition: Piersen Benjamin
The new addition: Hudson John
We are so incredibly blessed and we recognize that and voice it to God often!

Father,
I thank You today for 4 beautiful, healthy children and for the family I have been given. I am reminded of the honor and joy it is to participate in raising them, alongside the love of my life, to become men of God. I don't think we ever imagined how rich this experience would be - and we ask for wisdom and guidance in our decisions and the way we teach, discipline, and direct their precious lives. Thank You for my incredible husband - for the good father he is to Reece, Chase, Piersen, and Hudson. I give all 5 of them to You today and ask You to give us a long life together as a family.
Amen.

6 comments:

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

I loved seeing all of those. A progression of blessings! I remember when the first one with Reece wastaken. Jared and I had were just married. Wow! God is good!

Timbra Wiist said...

i often say to mike. . .see, i'm not the only one who's crazy :) i love that we have some of these photo things in common (and the big birthday parties for our kids!) these are gorgeous sweet photos. . .LOVE IT!!! it's fun putting the same outfits on the kids and replicating photos, just to see how different or similar they really are. . . . i can't believe how young you guys look in the first photo. . . . such a sweet family!!!!

Sandi said...

I love it! I wish we had done something like this with our boys -- we have three. :)

Beth Cunningham said...

Since it's your birthday I am going to grant you your wish (which is leaving a comment on your blog). I love the family picture. I think it looks better then the first time we took it. I hope you have a wonderful birthday. Love you!

Devin said...

Wow, that is THE picture for sure! Love it, and that is so cool how you have gotten one with EACH one! How awesome to look back on. :)

Unknown said...

Wow. That is so cool. Such a neat tradition! So special! You are a great planner-aheader!