Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Adjusting to Four...

I am the kind of girl who is determined to get a good picture - I love photographing my kids - I usually don't stop until I get one I am happy with (just ask my boys!). I think I deserve some kind of trophy or at least honorable mention for getting all of them to look at the camera and smile their smiles (ha! I have them trained...and they have learned by now that the quicker they co-operate the quicker they run free...it usually happens without bribing, altho I confess that in desperate times I have had to resort to that!)

Adding another boy to our mix has created some really great photo opps. It has not been an adjustment to my camera - it has captured some pretty sweet moments. Such as these...

 

 
Posted by Picasa


But...back to the adjustment part...The older three have been very accepting and very sweet to their new baby brother. Sure, we need to remind Pierce he can't lean on him or use Hudson as something to push up off of when he wants to hug or kiss him. But overall, there hasn't been any direct drama from the older ones. Yes, we have noticed that they have had some more sensitive moments - but it is hard to decipher if that is because of Hudson's arrival or because of being on vacation, out of routine, and away from good sleeping hours.

During this pregnancy we had heard from others that the adjustment to four would be no big deal. After all, once you are outnumbered with 3, you hardly notice that there is another one. But...let's be honest...we would have to disagree. Yes, we have had a lot of sweet moments, but in these first weeks of life our little Hudson has been doing a whole lot of this....

 


And has not been so great at doing this...
 


So although he has not followed the pattern of the other boys as being "such an easy baby" - I just chalk it up to the fact that he does NOT want to get lost in the shuffle or slip through the cracks. He wants to be sure we know he is around and that he matters. And, oh, yes he does! There is a lot of love for this sweet boy and we are very thankful for him. I am pretty much certain that this adjustment period will pass quickly and the memories that will rise to the surface are going to be ones like these...

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So adorable! About 3 months ago I started feeling the pressure of having 2 kids instead of 1. Funny how it waited until Max was over 6 months old to register, but it did. I can't imagine 4! You are a super mom! I hope he does less :( and more sleeping. THe pics are great! Great photographer, great boys!

Sam and Ann Gonzalez said...

You should definitely get an award for photographing (is that a word in english?) your kids. You do a great job, and I am amazed at how well you do it! I'll take any tips you'd like to send my way.
I would have warned you about the 4 kids, overwhelming thing, but by the time I figured it out, it was a little late for you...=)
Great pictures!!!!! And before you know it, he'll be sleeping through the night and walking in the day.
love you guys

Devin said...

Oh, these are too precious. Love the pictures. :)