Monday, October 12, 2009

Thankful

An international family like ours has more reasons to celebrate! Today is Canadian Thanksgiving and although I miss my Mom's fantastic cooking and wish I could be with all of my family today, I will reflect on the many, many things I have to be thankful for...

* my family - near and far - both immediate and distant - mine and Benjy's - thank you for being a part of my life!
* my good husband who shares the good, bad and the ugly alongside me - and is committed to our life together
* my boys - the very ones that make my life full and adventurous...I am especially thankful for their laughter and their personalities
* this pregnancy and the blessings I have to enjoy new life...that we will soon meet Hudson and be humbly amazed at the way he makes our family complete
* my friends - I have been blessed beyond measure with very good people in many places around the globe - I am grateful that in many ways the distance has not stolen friendship from us and I appreciate all of those who keep in touch
* for those around me in the same stage of life who just plain understand the joy and struggle of trying to raise good kids
* for my kids' school that has been such a good fit for our family
* for growth and trials that provide opportunity for growth
* our house church community - what a blessing to belong with so many good people who love Jesus
* our partnering congregation in Louisville, KY - we have been blessed by you for years now - thank you.
* the simple things that are too easy to take advantage of: a place to live, car to drive, food to eat, clothes to wear
* our health and safety
* for tears,emotions and reflection and how they keep us soft and open
* for memories and how they help form and shape us
* the ability to read, and write and study, and learn new things
* the opportunities to do fun things together as a family that create memories and bonding and deeper relationship
* for the past - that has lead us to today; the present - which I am working at trying to fully live in and enjoy; the future - that is so full of unknown and opportunity
* mostly for a God who gives graciously and who loves unconditionally and who has patience and understanding - that He is the giver of all the good gifts in my life...and there are many!

The list could go on and on - but I realize again today how blessed I am in so many ways. Thankfulness is a major ingredient to a peace-filled life and it NEVER hurts to reflect on all that I have to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

So true Care!! I am thankful right along with you. Love your thankful heart.

David and Olivia said...

Very good list. We do have so many things to be thankful for!