Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Putting A Face With A Name...

The excitement for our new baby is growing around here. Last week we took the boys along with us to see their baby bro (yes, he most definitely is still a boy!) I think I said this in an earlier post but the little guy is in breech position right now but we are praying and urging him to flip around soon! We got a pretty clear sneak peak at his little profile - looks like he belongs to us as he looks just like my boys! I shortened up the video some so that you could see his face but spare him the embarasment of having his privates shared with the blogging world. This is after all, his first public appearance. The sound is not the best but if you listen carefully you can hear the kids' excitement when they make out what they are seeing on the screen. Check him out, he is absolutely precious!




And since we, and especially the boys, have been openly sharing our name choice with people, I thought it would be cute for the big brothers to announce to you the name and the meanings of the newest of our Brednich clan (as you are about to see, there has been no rehearsal - ha,ha) The way Pierce says his name is way adorable and I just couldn't resist sharing it with you.




So Hudson John Brednich it is. What do you think?! We will likely sometimes call him Huds for short to flow with the name endings of our others boys. As the boys said in the video, "the son of a brave leader" just seems to fit appropriately as Benjy and I face the joys and challenges of leading and raising FOUR BOYS! And I strongly believe that my husband is a good, strong and brave leader of our family and I believe the name honors him. We have had the name "Grace" on our girl name list for a long time - in honor of what grace really means and also to honor my Mom (Grace is her middle name). After the loss of our two little babies to early miscarriage, we feel more than blessed with the gift of this child and choose to praise the truth that "God is gracious" and so John was selected for the significance of its meaning. John is also a family name on Benjy's side of the family....so it all just works so very nicely.

I wonder if anyone thinks as much about baby names as a Mom does when she is pregnant. It is a big job - a lot to consider and include. But I feel so happy with the names of my boys: Reece Samuel, Chase Lambert, Piersen Benjamin, and Hudson John. It has definitely been team effort between Benjy and I - and so I am just going to go ahead and give both of us a pat on our backs and say: job well done - their names are perfect!!

7 comments:

RaeChelle said...

Oh so excited to see baby Huds! You are right, he does look like the boys! I love the name! Can't to see him in pictures, only a few weeks left! So glad I got on line today and saw your update! Congrats! Love you all, Raegan

Timbra Wiist said...

enjoying all the updates and posts, sad that we can't see some of the recent pics. . . love your "downsizing" post. . . i'd love to upsize, but can see many of the same benefits in our current house as you're talking about. . .love having easy access to play stuff, having to limit what we buy as there's limited storage and space (wish i was better at this), LOVE having everything on one floor. . .esp now that we have a w/d in our house instead of through the church building and upstairs :) nice to look on the bright side of life. . . can't wait to meet hudson!!!! it's coming so fast (for those of us who are NOT pregnant!)

Devin said...

I LOVE his name, it seems just perfect and fits in with your other boys' names so well!

Ashley Marler said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I hope I can meet little Hudson one day! I love and miss y'all so much! Praying for you too!

Stacey at Giggles and Glue Sticks said...

Love the name! Love the name! Hope to meet the little guy soon!

David and Olivia said...

The name is great! Good choice and I love that the boys got to share it with us all! :) Praying for your new little one!

Unknown said...

Love the name! It is great! Will keep these last few weeks in our prayers.