Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pierce & His Potty

Potty training? Yes...maybe a crazy time to tackle this with just a few weeks until baby Hudson's arrival, but Pierce seems interested and I don't wanna miss the "window of opportunity". I decided to take the "work in progress" approach rather than "we are going to have quick success". Thankfully, Pierce is co-operating quite well, is overjoyed by receiving a sticker and overall is just doing pretty well. He has several fun pair of underwear that makes it more exciting too. Whether it is Elmo, Diego, Cookie Monster or Thomas - he is the cutest when you frequently remind him "now don't pee on Diego" and he says emphatically "IIII nooottttt" (if he knew to roll his eyes I bet he would).

 


We started out needing a few books to get the timing down right. A lot of hittin' and missin' - literally - those first few attempts.

 

 

 

Posted by Picasa

 


But by now, as you can see - we are cruising along....with numerous successes of both job #'s under his belt :) He is quite pleased to wear underwear and is indicating when he has to go. He has already learned that it is an effective bedtime stalling technique, because surely any parent trying to get their kid potty trained is not going to deny their countless "crying wolf"s would they? (ha, Pierce - I am onto you!) We are far from perfecting this - especially because it seems to be largely dependent on what our day looks like for being in or out of the house...and my energy level to be on top of it. However, I am quickly learning that he is getting the hang of it and I am going to work hard on consistency on my part. Go Pierce go!

2 comments:

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

Good job Pierce and way to go Mommy!! I'll have to get with your on your method once Kate gets to this point. I dream of the day when diapers will be a thing of the past!

Stacey at Giggles and Glue Sticks said...

So cute. The books made me laugh. Adorable.

Glad I can see pictures again!