Tuesday, September 06, 2005

We All Survived!


This is NOT fun! Posted by Picasa

Well, we just passed another milestone in this whole parenting thing - Reece's first haircut! Yes, he is nearly 2 and a half, and yes...the time has been here for awhile but we finally took the plunge (okay, I am trying too hard to protect my husband! - Benjy finally gave the "okay"!!!). We took Reece to a place for kids' haricuts and they did a great job - even saved his first snips for me and put it in a special little envelope/card and took a picture for us (two things I was prepared to do on my own anyway!) Reece did all right - big tears rolled down his cheeks and it required a bit of convincing for him to let the whole process begin, but...he finally sat on my knee and the lady went to work. I just kept telling him that he would be okay and that he should "wipe his tears" - a phrase that, as of late, has been a favorite of his. By the end (which with as little as we allowed her to cut off - did not take long) Reece gave the lady a big hug and told her "thank you". I doubt anyone can tell - except for us, of course! I think he looks much more like a little boy - still lots of cute curls, just more polished. And Reece is quite proud - recounting the story in his own cute little way to anyone who asks him about it. And as for us, well, we are quite a bit more confident that a first hair cut is no big deal :) !

No comments: