Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Meet...Dodger Black

Okay - I wouldn't necessarily say that I was ready for Reece to have a new pet - BUT...he has one! One of our Mexican friends gave Reece this fish after church on Sunday. Reece was quite thrilled and carried him home, holding him tightly in his car seat. We asked Reece what he would like to name him as we drove home. He confidently replied, "Dodger". We were a little suprised that he even grasped the concept of giving the fish a name so we asked again. His next response was "Black" -so...we tagged him with the name of "Dodger Black." Luis Enrique told us to give him clean water ever 15 days or so - but that he would be fine with water straight from the tap. Hmmm. This is Mexico so I wonder how long it will take for us to be explaining the death of Dodger Black to our son.



The newest friend in our house! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Carolyn,

I have to say that reading through your comments touched my heart and put a few tears in my eye. I'm so very proud of you and Benjy and the work you are doing. Your boys are beautiful (like I had to tell you that). I guess part of my tears today were because I won't get to know your kids like you got to know mine on the field. Thank you for that. I look forward to at least get to watch them grow through this avenue.

I love you! Miss you so much sometimes - especially now.

Barb

Anonymous said...

Care Care!! Aww wow I miss you guys so much. Good luck w/ the fish! I can never keep them alive for more than like 2 days. The last one I had only lasted 5 hours after it got home.
I love all your pictures, and I loved reading whats going on down there. I have a website too if you'd like to visit. It's www.xanga.com/lilstang16
I love you guys and I hope we get to come see you again in February w/ the AIMers!
Say hi to everyone,
~*Amy Jo*~

Anonymous said...

Reece: I like your fish. It reminds me of the Christmas when you and Char got Todd one for him. I know Reece will enjoy feeding him.
I love this site. It keeps me caught up on all your doings even though we talk lots.
God bless and I love you all lots,
Mom