Sunday, September 18, 2005

Here We Go....

I honestly was not expecting this idea to work as effectively as it has, but it looks like we are on our way to potty training! For the longest time Reece has shown zero interest in anything related to the idea of "the potty"...except for reading his potty book and that only because he loves books. So - I thought I would ease him back into at least sitting on the potty by motivating with stickers. So, we made a potty poster together and I told him he would get a sticker every time he would sit on it. Well, almost immedietly that went really well so we let him run around the house with nothing on below. He soon began telling me when he had to go and besides a few accidents, I think we are on our way! We bought some "big boy underwear" this evening and so tomorrow he will begin wearing that. It has been fun to watch how proud of himself that he is. He tells everyone he sees that he went pee and poop in the potty - so I don't think he would mind me writing it here either! Ha! I guess we will see how it goes - I am expecting to have lots more laundry for a little while, but maybe I will be suprised again! I certainly will not mind having only one in diapers.

No comments: