Wednesday, September 07, 2005

An Honest To Goodness Date!

We didn't really know what to do with ourselves - to be able to have a lengthy conversation without the frequent interruptions of " 'xcuse me mommy"'s, making sure juice isn't spilled, snacks are shared and kids are in their seats - I must say....this is worth blogging about! Benjy and I enjoyed a movie and dinner - he surprised me with roses, we dressed up, we went to a movie and dinner. What a nice evening - thanks to our great teammates James and Erin. We have decided to swap babysitting each others' kids more often so we can have these special times for our marriages. I am reminded tonight that in the hustle and bustle of two little boys - it sure is a blessing to have such a good man in my life - and to have alone time with him. Both of us commented on how strange it felt to be out without the stroller, diaper bag, and obvioulsy, Reece and Chase. And, of course, it is also a pretty neat feeling to be greeted at the door from two very happy little guys, excited to see Mommy and Daddy again! As I head to bed I am thankful for good friends that we can trust our kids with, I am thankful for the simple things like conversation, smiles and laughs from my kids, and most of all, my life partner that I get to experience each day with.

No comments: