Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Praying For...

Here is a list of a few things that you can join me in prayer about...
~ Something to rejoice about! Our teammates Paul and Kristi Miller welcomed the birth of their baby girl, Olivia Karen yesterday. Madeline has a new sister and everyone is doing well.
~ Please remember Chase in your prayers over the next few weeks. At his last check up we learned that he had lost a bit of weight and he just has not seemed to be growing much. They ran some tests and it looks like he is slightly anemic so he is on iron supplements and we are hoping that he will put some weight on by next check up. He is happy and eats well so we are expecting good results.
~ We have an opportunity with Luis' family to begin a Bible study group in his home this Sunday evening. We are hoping this may lead to a new group of relationships and followers of Jesus.
~ I am currently meeting with Hilda for a time of prayer and encouragement during the week. We have committed to growing in our reading and trust in God's Word. Pray for our follow through and submission to God's desire to transform and grow us.
~ You can be praying for my intentions of re-visiting my language studies. I feel like I am at a plateau with my spanish abilities, and although I am comfortable - I feel like I need to challenge myself to improve. It is difficult to find the time during the day to give myself to this but I want to prioritize this as it influences my effectiveness in meeting new people.
~ Luis Enrique recently underwent a follow-up surgery to intestinal problems he experienced last year. Pray for his recovery.
~ Always be praying for God to pour out His wisdom and guidance in the direction of our church plantings here in Mexico City.
~ And, for the safety and protection of our family. There are times when living in a different culture and so far away from family can be difficult.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn, my name is Claire (Maguire) Wilson and I'm an old friend of Benjy's. I've been reading your blog and enjoying seeing your beautiful boys. Please say hey to Benjy for me and congratulate Paul and Kristy too. (I was in Kristy's AIM class.)

Keep up the wonderful work, I know it can be tough but I'm sure God is using you to do great things even in the small things.