Thursday, April 22, 2010

On Showering...

My time for taking a shower is never consistent, often dependent on what my plans for the day are, is usually way too quick for my liking, and sometimes doesn't happen until very late in the day. Don't worry, I don't stay in my pajamas all day (usually - ha!) - but truly "getting myself ready" seems to fall lower on the priority list these days with four little ones.

Perhaps that explains this sweet compliment from my Chase this morning....

(although I had frequent night time meetings with my wonderful Hudson last night - too many to be desired - I knew I needed to "wake myself up" to survive the morning today...so I showered early and quickly)

Chase: (entering the dining room, sees me by the table serving breakfast to his brothers - surprise in his voice) "Mom! Did you have a shower this morning? You look beautiful"

Smile. I think that one will carry me for a little while! And....maybe, just maybe, I oughta take time to shower before breakfast everyday!

1 comment:

Timbra Wiist said...

nah, don't take too many early morning showers, then the boys will come to expect it and you'll lose your lustre. . . . you need a few days when you can sneak one in and it still shocks them and they tell you how pretty you are. . . so if it carries you for five days or so, wait that long for your next "first thing in the morning" spruce up :)