Thursday, April 29, 2010

"D'ya Wanna Play With Me???"

There is always something that needs to be done. Always. Too often the things that don't really matter far too easily take priority. Today, I am thankful to say, that I was intentional about how I was going to answer Pierce's question, "d'ya wanna play with me?" After all, what a sweet invitation that won't always be so freely spoken from my children. I set aside the unimportant to sit down on the floor and play with Pierce. We played "pirates" - Playmobil pirates (I love playmobil toys!)...and I love, love, love my Piersen. What a wonderful time we had.  We put off getting dressed or combing hair (as the pics indicate!) and instead we just escaped hungry crocodiles, doctored up the pirates who got bitten, shot the cannon gun over and over and over again...getting the most joy out of aiming at Daddy's legs when he came home from work.  I love my boy and am so thankful for the invitation to play with him :)  It was so fun, just might have to do it again soon!

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa






3 comments:

Timbra Wiist said...

what special moments of sweetness with your boys, i love that you TRY (and I'm sure it's never easy) to give them all equal, but unique attention in the ways they request. Sometimes it is so difficult to get away from the "unimportant" and realize that these moments are fleeting and these moments are also the MOST important investment we can make. . .laundry will wait, but you know your babies don't keep :)

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

Just recently Kate has started to come up to me and ask, "Mommy play?" How could I turn down that invitation? These are the precious moments aren't they? We can't get them back. Several years from now we'll be calling after them as they leave to go meet friends. "Hey do you wanna talk for awhile?" Yes I am cherishing these times. Love you!

Unknown said...

I love it when Max asks "Will you play with me?" At the same time the stab of guilt is especially strong whenever I'm tired or busy (or lazy) and say "Not right now". I do not want my kids to look back on their childhood and think that daddy never wanted to play with us. What a terrible thing!