Thursday, April 26, 2007

Surprise, Surprise!

 

My friends threw me and little Pierce a surprise baby shower this morning. I was completely in the dark! I had been told that we were getting together as women to watch a parenting video and then to discuss it together as we all have young kids - and who can't use a little support from other mom's?!? When I walked into the house I first saw a table with cake, balloons, and gifts but I didn't catch on at first - and then it dawned on me. It just felt really nice for all of them to do this for us- we have been blessed with good friends here in Mexico. Today I was reminded of that. Yes, it was nice to receive cute clothes and things for my baby - but much more importantly was the chance to be around many of the good people that surround our family. This thing called parenting is a huge responsibility and we continue to see how important it is to have a strong support system of family and friends. Thank you ladies for your love, friendship and for the time spent showering us this morning!

 


Little Piersen slept through most of the shower - always taking advantage of a few more arms to cradle him. I love this picture of Chaser holding him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby showers are always so fun. I just went to my sister in laws shower and bought the cutest baby clothes for her new little boy. Have you seen this place online? Sandboxcouture.com Totally cute!!!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome picture. Your boys just get better looking all the time. What a proud grandma I am.
Love and miss you.
MOM