Friday, April 27, 2007

Family Photos

When Reece was 6 weeks old we had some family pictures made and we really liked one in particular so we ordered it. When Chase was 6 weeks old we tried to replicate the picture - and Chaser wore the same clothes and lay on the same blanket that had been in the picture with baby Reece. So...now that Piersen is 6 weeks old it was time to take "the" picutre again. I threw out all good parenting skills and, knowing how uncooperative Chase can be with smiling for the camera, I bribed the boys with a special surprise if they would help Mommy out (and then prepared myself to expect the worst). Well, I was wrong - both of them were really good and we got some great pictures!

Below - Reece and Chase are "in position" for the pose! Pretty cute!

 
Posted by Picasa


Below: the progression of our growing family! By the looks of things, the only ones who have changed much are the boys!

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


Father,
I thank You today for 3 beautiful, healthy children and for the family I have been given. I am reminded of the honor and joy it is to participate in raising them, alongside the love of my life, to become men of God. I don't think we ever imagined how rich this experience would be - and we ask for wisdom and guidance in our decisions and the way we teach, discipline, and direct their precious lives. Thank You for my incredible husband - for the good father he is to Reece, Chase and Pierce. I give all 4 of them to You today and ask You to give us a long life together as a family.
Amen.

2 comments:

flee said...

Too precious! Your family has grown!!! It is an amazing experience to watch them grow and evolve. I love it too! So very happy for you guys and am thankful for your family today....and many other days too. Wish we could raise them together!

love you!

The Gearharts said...

Beautiful family and beautiful prayer. You are an amazing mother. The world is full of Gods glory.
Amy G