Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Our Baby

 

We were blessed to be able to see our beautiful baby today via ultrasound. The picture isn't that clear but I wanted to post it anyway - as a sort of first introduction to friends and family! He or she is healthy and all looks excellant according to the doctor. We are very thankful. We shared our request to not find out this baby's sex - the doc smiled at us and proceeded with the ultrasound with experience and finesse - never allowing us a curious little peek at baby's privates, even if we had wanted to sneak it! After finishing, he congratulated us on our healthy baby boy or girl - telling us he didn't know which it is either! So there goes my concern that the doctor might slip up and let us know - he doesn't even know! Ahhhh, this is fun! The suprise continues!

On a more serious note, my heart has been aching for high school friend Jennifer Wallace and her husband, John, upon the loss of their baby boy at birth. I have marvelled at their faith and the reminder that Gordon gives us about the fraility of life, and the hope of heaven. My prayers continue for their sorrow and grief - and with the reality that our days are not guaranteed, I put the lives of my family and friends - my husband, my 2 boys and this unborn child in God's hands. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Erna Wiebe said...

I agree. Your baby is beautiful and I continue to pray for his/her safe journey. I am thankful that you are feeling well - can hardly wait to be with you all. I, too, place you all in God's hand - until we meet again.

Anonymous said...

I love that you guys wanna keep the mystery! I can't imagine what it must be like at the birth... overwhelming, I'm sure.

Hate to hear about your friend's baby... Such a difficult and faith-testing time. Life and loss.

Praying...