Friday, June 26, 2009

Celebrating One Of Our Favorite Things: Daddy!

We enjoyed our Father's Day - giving thanks to the good man that God has placed in my life and in the lives of my boys.

For the longest time, Benjy has made a big deal to the boys about their pictures/paintings/drawings/crafts that they make...and he always asks them if he can put them in his office. The scene has become habitual in our house that the boys show off their work, Benjy claims it for his office, and I enter making a big commotion about how it isn't fair that he gets it - the kids laugh and feel great about their work. This year, more than ever, the boys went to work on preparing drawings (and I mean lot of them!) for their special Daddy....weeks before Father's Day...tacking it on the wall of his office. These are fun times because Reece's stuff usually now includes written messages in his preschool form of writing (very cute and at times very curious - you have to train your brain to read very phonetically and very confidently!) and Chase is growing more interested himself in drawing. Piersen draws the best little circles you have ever seen!

We decided to celebrate this Father's Day with the theme of" A Few of Our Favorite Things". The boys worked hard alongside me to each formulate a list of what are their 'favorites" these days...and then all worked together to form a list of their "favorite" things to do with Daddy. Very much on the sentimental side of capturing the life of a Daddy at this stage and where his boys are at. It turned out very cute...and was obviously made...just for his office :)

And: I am proud to say that Chase wrote the title and Reece the lists - in their own handwriting! (if you click on the pic it should enlarge enough for you to read the lists)

 
Posted by Picasa


Then we gifted him with a few of his favorite things...and some of his favorite food...

And then - although several days late - I put together this very special collage of special pictures of Daddy and his boys. They make me smile and they remind me how blessed I am to have a man that sincerely wants to spend quality and quantity time with his boys. They say that a child's early years are so very formative - and I am proud to say that my husband has done marvellously at being very present to form them. And that is why my boys are so so so good. The slide show is kinda long, but there were lots of pictures representing lots of time well spent!

Happy Father's Day babe - thank you. These pictures are sure to say a thousand words of thanks from your sons :)

4 comments:

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

That was awesome. Just incredibly awesome. Well worth the wait. My brother is an amazing Daddy. Love the last song. By the way, Chaser and Piersen as babies look a lot like a little boy I know and love so well. Don't you think?Love you Care,

Beth said...

That is so sweet! Your boys have excellent handwriting. But what are Moo-ie moo-ie and a baaa?

David and Olivia said...

That's wonderful! I love that the boys wrote it themselves!!! Your boys are blessed with a great Dad and Mom!

Alisha Dawn Tucker said...

Hi!
I just found your blog today through Amanda Grey's. It was very encouraging and exciting.
The Father's Day video was so precious too.
Thanks for taking time to write about your family. I enjoy reading about how God is working in your life.