Saturday, June 27, 2009

Baby & Me

So I am in my 19th week of this pregnancy. The time is passing quickly and life with three busy boys has kept me from tracking each stage of tummy growth like I did with the previous ones - especially Reece. But thanks to some prodding from family and friends....Reece used his photography skills to snap a few pics....here is how I look!

 

 


I got my first comment from a stranger on the street the other day, so now I can truly know I look pregnant (ha - that was intended to be sarcastic) - I am learning that the more experiences you have with pregnancy, the less resistent ones body is to proclaim that new life is being formed within! But I am very thankful to be feeling well - have regained some of my energy back - and am beginning to recognize that old familiar feeling of feeling my baby move inside me. I think it is the most amazing and beautiful blessing of pregnancy! I am typically a little later on this than what "they" say you should expect - and although the movements are infrequent and subtle - I love it! I look forward to the upcoming weeks when they become a little more recognizable and strong enough for the boys to feel and see their little brother in action. The boys continue to be happy and excited about another baby...and I have no doubt that this little one will be a star to them!

Now, I would be lying if I refused to admit that I have experienced some feelings of overwhelm that before we know it we will have a new baby in our family.....with the sweet craziness of 4 boys at that! But I am so very thankful for God's graciousness to allow us to be at this point in our family. This little one is prayed for, thanked for, and celebrated.

We believe we have settled on a good, strong and meaningful name for our newest son...and we are not holding back from sharing it with people in conversation...in fact we call him it all the time now. I am just not sure if we have "officially" decided on it so will wait to make an announcement a little longer.

Anyway - there is the latest update on my pregnancy! We hope to have an ultrasound this week so we can get another sneak peek at his little face!!! Thanks for your love and prayers!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Devin said...

Awww...you look great! Thanks for sharing these pics, and a bit about how you are feeling. All of those feelings are WELL understood! :-)

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

You look Marvelous. He has really grown since I saw you last. And believe me that is not a comment about you! You are all baby! Love it!

Timbra said...

oh thanks for sharing your sweet belly with us. . as marci cheese says. . "the uterus never forgets" (well, i think she paraphrased it more than that). . . and it so NICE as to just pop right out where it's supposed to go because of all the babies who have come before in that belly! it's good that you have a little one old enough to handle the camera for you now mom :)

David and Olivia said...

You look great! And my curiosity is peaked about your name... can't wait to hear it! You and baby boy are in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

You look awesome, Carolyn, and I have certainly been praying for that baby and for your whole family. Looking forward to your coming home and, should this be God's plan, to be able to be with you when this special boy arrives. See you soon.
Love and prayers,
MOM

Unknown said...

So happy for you all. And with my two boys, I always loved it when I "looked" pregnant. Made me feel so good!
Two is it for us, but I bet life with 4 boys is going to be fabulous for you all!
Hope all continues well!
Lucy