Monday, February 09, 2009

February

 


The month of February is most commonly known for Valentine's Day...or maybe for some the birthday of a loved one or some other occasion.... For me, it means those same things too. But it also brings to my heart memories of difficult days from last year. Today, February 9th, is etched in my heart as what was the expected due date of our latest baby. Losing her last July still, and likely will always, bring a tender sadness to my heart...and I can't help but imagine what our days would have looked like right now if she was in our arms. And as the week moves along we will remember our other sweet baby that we said good-bye to on February 13th last year...another tender sadness in a corner of my heart. But I choose to remember them and thank God for them and what they have showed me about life, about family, about God and His goodness.


 


Over the past few years, I have collected these figures and they are displayed in our home sort of telling the story of our family. I was touched when I saw this new piece that I had not seen before. Although obviously intended to commemorate "twins" I chose to buy it and include it on our shelf. It is appropriately called "two together" and honors our two little ones who are together and who we knew for much too short of time.

 


Mt heart is thankful today for the ability to feel, and reflect, and remember important life stuff. And to realize how very good my life is...even in remembering. We love you little ones and miss you.

3 comments:

Devin said...

Carolyn,

How this post touched my heart. I am so glad you have something so special to remember your littlest ones by. I do as well--I blogged about it in December(ish). It is a light up tricycle that my mother gave me right after we lost our little one, and I love it so much. I love being able to look at it and think lovingly on my little baby. It is just so special....I understand the meaning behind your piece all too well.

Though I wish I didn't have to, I am so grateful to be able to look back and remember....glad you feel the same way.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you with tender thots too ... love ya. Char

Sam and Ann Gonzalez said...

Carolyn:
Thanks for sharing. What sadly tender thoughts. Love you,
Ann