Monday, November 24, 2008

Christmas and Crafts...

Today I pulled out the boxes of Christmas decorations and stuff. I love this time of year and since we are heading north around the 12th I decided to pull it out early to enjoy it all a little bit in our own house. It made me smile to see all the little things and remember who gave them to me or when I got them. The snow globes, the stockings, the nativity scenes and the Santa Clauses, etc.. And of course, the little school crafts that Reece has made in Christmases past. I had probably 3 or 4 little things he had made and as I pulled each one out I would oooo and awwwww and say, "oh Reece, remember when you gave me this". It was not long before Chase pulled away from his investigating and with a way that only Chase can say stated, "and what about me, I didn't make nothing?" Trying to stifle a chuckle (more at his face and tone than the concern behind it) I reassured him that it was just because this was his first year at school and soon he would have school crafts in our Christmas box too. What a sweetie - he is a little boy who is rough and tough but definitely has his sweet, sensitive side too.

2 comments:

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

Love that story. I can just picture his face and tone. Makes me laugh out loud. Check your email. I LOVE that idea for Christmas cards. Love you Care

Devin said...

Ummmmm....I know a little boy in my family like that too! :-)

Such a cute story, and I too love getting all the 'things' out at Christmas time for the memories behind them. It is just a special, wonderful time of remembrance.

I usually boycott all things Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving, because it is a holiday that I always feel is very important and VERY overlooked....

but this year, I just couldn't stand it--I had everything out last week! And I am so glad I did :-).