Saturday, November 08, 2008

Who is looking at who?

Today was a day filled with animals.... We had a bit of a lazy Saturday morning and watched a little bit of Planet Earth (well worth the buy!!!) I am not sure who was more entertaining, however....the incredible videography and documentation by BBC or the faces and expressions of my boys as they watched the scenes unfold....Piersen clapping with glee as the gazelles escaped the rapidly advancing prairie fire...Chase covering his ears and eyes as the lions attacked the elephant....or Reece asking a ton of curious questions as he tried to figure out why the fox would try to eat the snow gooses eggs. Interesting stuff in this big world we live in.

And then we spent the afternoon at the zoo....lots of walking....lots of people...lots of different animals. Pierce was cute as this was his first time to really recognize the animals - lots of finger pointing and ooohhhing and awe-ing. And then my good friend made a similar observation to my own....she concluded that my kids were being as much observed as the animals behind the cages. Yes, they are blonde...yes there are three of them...but take a look at the orangutan please!

2 comments:

Toni Burns said...

Sounds like we have a lot of the same stuff going on - Blue Bell ice cream and the zoo. I took three of the AIMers and the kids to the zoo today. It was a lot of fun. Planet earth is definately a good buy we love watching it.
I would love to come down for your school booth - what are the dates. As much as I would love to I feel like it will not be very possible with all the gastos coming up with Josiahs party, retreat and then Christmas.
Well, I better get back to my melting ice cream - love you

Anonymous said...

Carolyn, your boys are cute enough that they would be "observed" here too..