Monday, February 18, 2008

Thanks Mom!

 

My Mom is an amazing woman. She went behind my back and planned, with Benjy's help, a suprise birthday gift for me - showing up on my front door. I was so suprised and so happy! She planned to stay 2 weeks....I convinced her (and it wasn't very hard!) to let us extend her ticket for one more week so that we could take her to see the ocean. She has never seen it (other than from an airplane) and since we are just 4 hours from Acapulco..... She loved it!!! And so did we!

Little did I know what an incredible blessing it would be for me that her ticket was extended. The day she was originally scheduled to leave, I spent the morning and part of the afternoon at the hospital. We had found out on Tuesday that we had lost the baby and it really helped us to have my Mom here - yes, to help with taking care of the boys, etc.. - but to be a comfort to us as well. I am thankful she was with us - she has been with us at the births of each of our children, I am grateful she was here with us at this time of loss too.

My Mom has more energy than I do on my best of days. She has been so much help to me - cooking, cleaning, doing laundry and baking me apple pies! She quickly connects with my boys and is such a fun grandma to them. She has spoiled Pierce - she does whatever he wants her to (poor guy will face reality again when she heads home). Piersen has begun to crawl since her arrival and already cares more about using her fingers to guide him around as he walks and walks. If he fusses she walks him more. She is so good to my boys and I have loved watching them bond with her these past 3 weeks. We have had lots of laughs together and it is really special to me that she has shared this time with us.

Thank you Mom for every kind gesture you have shown our family - whether big or small - we know how much you love us and we appreciate you very much. We are so very thankful for this visit! We love you and will miss you incredibly.
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carolyn and Benjy, I just ran across your blog in my list of favorites. I am sorry to hear of your loss and thankful to God your mom was there at the right time. We would love to hear from you. Your boys are beautiful! Monty Robinson montycarrol@yahoo.com

Kristi said...

We love you guys. I've been trying to find your vontage number. It stinks that we haven't talked. We pray for even more love and peace for you. I still thinks it's so cool that your mom came down to surprise you. I know now where you get your sense of adventure.
We love you,
Kristi

Toni Burns said...

Care, I have been thinking about you this week and wondering how you are doing now that your mom has left. I know she was a big help but even more that you just liked being around her. I hope you are doing ok. Thank you Erna for all the help you were also to our family. Thanks for watching our kids!!! It was great to see you.
Toni