Thursday, December 28, 2006

A Very Special Christmas

It is hard to believe that our much anticipated, first Christmas in Mexico is now over - but we had a very wonderful and memorable time. I am quite the sentimental ol' gal and so there were so many special moments that I have "treasured up in my heart". It is a neat thing to be pregnant during Christmas as I think it gives you a special connection with how Mary must have been feeling as she held the Christ child in her womb. I am truly grateful for Jesus! And I am truly grateful for my family. My kids were filled with wonder and amazement and they slowed everything down and enjoyed each little gift and moment beside the tree - sharing hugs, laughter, squeals of joy and lots of thankfulness. I appreciated the gift they gave me of simply living in the moment - not making a mad rush of ripping open presents - but taking the time to look, enjoy, and thank. I was especially touched when they - being only 3 and 2 - stopped to open my sentimental scrapbook photo albums that I made for their 1st year of life, turning the pages and looking at the pictures. I was truly humbled and thankful that I had put the effort into it (Chase's is still incomplete - but he enjoyed what was there!). They were excited about Santa - leaving him some healthy snacks (Reece came up with the idea of yoghurt - all on his own!). And they also enjoyed listening to our traditional Christmas eve readings of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas and the Birth of Jesus from Luke (they boys played with their little nativity scene and Chase kept saying, "baby, baby Jesus" - it was sweet). In the true spirit of Christmas we invited friends over to share Christmas eve dinner with us - the party kept growing - and we had a blast, eating turkey and all the good stuff, setting off sparklers and singing Christmas carols. We were very thankful to have Mimi (Benjy's mom) with us - she (oops, I mean Santa) especially spoiled the boys, as most grandparents love to do! For the rest of the family who didn't get to be with us - we missed your presence and I am now posting a mountain of pictures for your enjoyment. Live the meaning of Christmas all through 2007!

  Feliz Navidad!

 Our sparklers!

 The annual story on Daddy's knee!

  

  Looking at the nativity characters

 

  Santa's snack!

   "He did come and he ate almost all of it!"

  Coming down the stairs on Christmas morning!

  An excited boy!

  Enjoying the firstfruits of the stocking - animal crackers (he was not interested in anything else until those were polished off - like I mentioned, it was a nice and slow morning!)

  

 A precious moment for me!

 "Baby, baby, baby"

 Merry Christmas!

  Posted by Picasa We loved having Mimi with us!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a really amazing Christmas. I really liked the note from Santa. Christmas is so much fun with kids around.
Happy New Year. 2007 is an awesome year to have a baby

Tim and/or Wyatt said...

Care,
Great pics of the family and a nice update. We had a quiet Xmas here as well, but it was fun. Two weeks till baby, getting a bit anxious, but excited as well. Can you send me an e-mail with your phone number and mailing address in Mexico? I think I have the right address, but I can not find your number anywhere! I know I had it, but who knows now where I have put it. I want to be able to keep you posted when baby arrives.

Thanks
Tara

Anonymous said...

All the more special ... the pics ... now that we've hugged and played with those little boys!!

Love Char

Angie said...

FYI... Although I haven't left a comment in awhile, I have read *every* post and soaked in the details of your life along the way (I can't say that about all who are on my blogroll!).

Thank you so very much for sending Christmas wishes. The photo will be a treasured keepsake!

I love the way you love God... the way you dote on your hubby... the way you enjoy your kids... the way you embrace this life path God has set you on.

It's such a blessing in my life to know you, Carolyn! Please pass on a big hug to Benjy as well!

Ang

Anonymous said...

Hey Care,

Just catching up on some blogs - it's been months since I have checked in on some friends! Glad to hear the news of your 3rd little one on the way. Exciting! We are also expecting a little one. He or she will arrive some time in the latter half of February and we are doing our best to get ready :o)

Blessings to you all!
Light, Life, and Love,
Jenny

Brian Charla said...

Hey, good to see you and your family. Beutiful boys. Blessing to you from God this next year. Love what you are doing there.

Brian

The Harris Family said...

Thank you Carolyn for your wonderful thoughts and spiritual insights on being a wife and mother! Jason and I love reading your blog and catching up on what you guys are up to. Your boys are so sweet, such gifts. Have a great week. God Bless. - Michelle Harris