Sunday, December 03, 2006

Chaser Turns 2!

 

Our sweet little baby boy is growing up pretty fast! We had a really great day celebrating his life on Saturday - surrounded by good friends and a very special visit from Bear and Honey (Benjy's Dad, Gary and his wife, Robin). We partied with the barnyard theme - notice Chase's new boots from Texas! Chase had a super long nap in the morning and "showed up late" to his own party - so he was in a great mood and had a whole lot of fun with everyone. We felt like we have had an abundance of candy since Halloween so we decided not to do a pinata...well, we are in Mexico and guess what - Chase received a pinata filled with candy as a gift....so, there went that idea :). He now knows he is 2 and answers "dossss" if you ask him how old he is. Pretty cute! He received a mountain of really neat gifts - thank you to all of you! For more party pictures - check out the link to the right for my flickr account (just click on any picture and it will open up to my photos - choose the set called Chase's 2nd Birthday).

 
 

When things quieted down after a long day, I tucked him in with a quiet prayer of thanksgiving for the beautiful gift Chase is to me and to our family. He is an adventureous little guy with a sparkle in his eye. I love his laugh, his sweet smile and his "big hugs". It has been a fun two years of getting to know him. He is a funny kid and has brought a whole lot of laughter into our home. I believe God has great things in store for him and I pray for many more years of life for us to discover those things. Happy birthday Chaser - you are precious to us and very much loved! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Erna Wiebe said...

So good to know that you had such a wonderful day - I thought about you all day and wished I could have been there. I remember as if it was yesterday, the day Chase was born. It was super exciting especially since I had a whole good time with Reece. I am also happy for you that Gary and Robin could join you for this happy occasion.
God bless you Chase - I love you always.
Mom

Leann said...

Happy Birthday little one and God bless you.