Monday, January 22, 2007

New Babies

Just a few thoughts on the happiness I feel from hearing exciting news of 2 high school friends who gave birth to their babies over the past few days...Tara McMillan - her second, a boy named Michael Eugene and Jenny Ranum - her first, a girl - yet to announce the name. I am thankful for technology as I have already seen pictures of these beautiful babies. Congrats to both of you!

It makes me so excited to meet our little one in about 2 months. Time is passing quickly and although there is a small amount of "reality" that life with three is going to be a big change....I am loving this stage of pregnancy (in most ways!). The baby is moving lots more and has grown to the point where it is more than the butterfly flutter. I feel like I can feel him or her completely flip over at times, and I can feel his/her little legs or arms push up against my tummy. Even after the third time I am absolutely amazed at it all and I feel so connected to this little one. Reecer never seems to be around when the baby is moving the most and doesn't have the patience to sit and wait too long - but he tries to wake him or her up by shaking my tummy. It is cute. He is super-excited and talks about the baby a lot. It is neat to watch him relate to it all as he was too young to grasp it when I was pregnant with Chase. He will be a great big brother. As I tucked Chase in tonight and was praying for him it dawned on me that he will become a big brother too. He sure is growing up. During nap/quiet time this afternoon, Reece yelled down the stairs that Chase just crawled out of his crib. Oh boy! He is the type that won't stay put in that crib much longer now that he has discovered a way to escape. We are also on the brink of weaning him completely off the pacifier. He is quite attached - but hopefully will transition out of it by the end of the month. Fun stages.

I haven't posted in awhile, but just want to proclaim how blessed I feel to have the opportunity to be a Mom. I am excited about this new year and pray that I will grow in my role as a homemaker and parent to these little guys - I am aiming at developing better routines, more quality time, devotional times, responsibilities, and so on. God uses these little lives to teach me a lot and I only pray they can see God in me as much as I see Him in them.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

We have 7 days to go. We are all very excited! Cyrus's parents arrive in two days(thur) and will be here until the end of Feb. Lots of excitment this week. Hope all goes well in the last two months. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hi Care- I enjoy reading your blogs and seeing pics of your beautiful little guys. Hope all goes well for you with baby #3. Love Charla