Saturday, January 27, 2007

I'll Have Another One Just Like Her


Well, if you have not figured it out yet, yes, I, Carolyn's husband, have infiltrated her blog space. I thought it not right for Care to have to blog on her birthday about all that happened and how great and special she was to everyone. So, I thought I would break in on her blog site and let her and all her blogging crew know how special and loved she is to me and the boys.

As most of you know we are expecting in late March and we have decided not to find out the sex of the child. We have had names picked out for both and actually feel good about the girl's name, but are unsure about the boy's. My favorite is Knox (seriously) for a boy, and it has slowly grown on Carolyn surprisingly. Emyerson Grace (sp?) if it is a girl. We are really content either way, but I can't help wonder if it is a girl what she will be like and what a tremendous example of a mother, wife, and friend she will have in Carolyn. Obviously, I wasn't there when Carolyn was younger, but I have heard enough stories to be able to piece enough about her together to get an idea of what she was like. I can't help but think if we have a girl those same characteristics will be passed on to her.

I picture a little girl that walks around barefoot all the time and is thankful for everything she sees in nature, and sees nature as her playground. She would be creative and thrive on challenges and problems. Her school work would be impecable, not like her daddy's, and she would rewrite her notes every night because her homework and notes are a representation of who she is. I picture her and Carolyn watching hockey together as Carolyn begins to plant in her mind Toronto bad, Calgary good. Gretzky bad, Fluery Good. I picture a girl that is caught up more with the world and its problems than the world and its materialism. And most importantly I picture a girl that loves God, her family, and others more than her own life, because that's what she has seen every day of her life.

Even as Carolyn celebrates 32 years today I see glimpses of her as a kid whether that be how she creatively comes up with ideas for the boys birthdays or more so when she cries and longs to be better and closer to her God. So, God, if it is a girl then "I'll have Another One Just Like Her" and if it is a boy, well, then, "Knox" you will soon find out for yourself, as Reece and Chase alreay have, that you have a pretty special Mom taking care of you.

Happy Birtday Care

Love,


B

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Benj ... that is probably the best Birthday gift a wife could receive ... well written, well described, well done! It is a blessing to see the strong union that exists between you, and the excellent parents you are to your special family ...

Thanks for sharing ...

Char

The Harris Family said...

BENJ - It was really good reading your thoughts about your wife and family. That is one of the things that Michelle and I notice as the years go by (10 years for us now) that the union, bond, relationship we have now is nothing compared to what it used to be. Kids just make that more strong. It is humbling that God would trust us with such a treasure as our children. I hope that you have a girl. For the reasons that you mentioned about your wife, but also for what they will see in you. That is humbling for me... That my girls will use me as a guage for what their husbands should look like, that they use me as a definition of who God is and how He loves them... God help us all to be as good a father to our children as our wives are mothers.

Peace

Erna Wiebe said...

Benjy: What a special tribute to a real special gal. You did a good job in describing her. You are special parents to two (and soon to be 3) special children.
Take care of each other - I, too, hope for a girl for you but a boy will be just as special.............
God bless you dearly,
Mom

flee said...

Care Care Care....I could just kick myself for not remembering your birthday AGAIN!!!!!!!! I had dreams about seeing you guys all last night! Haunting me I guess! I'm so sorry. I'm a lousy friend. I know you probably had a great day anyway. Benjy you are so awesome! That is some sweet gushiness!! Care...we have got to catch up! Talk tonight? I'll look for you.

Flee

Anonymous said...

Benjy, I really hope I get to meet Carolyn one of these days because any woman that can make you talk like that has got to be pretty amazing!

Happy Birthday Carolyn.