Saturday, August 19, 2006

Grateful for Her Life

We have really enjoyed Mary Beth (my mother-in-law) being here with us over the past week or so. It has seemed like a long time since we have had quality time with her and it has been a blessing. Our conversations this week have been good - and recalling certain events in her life over the past years have called me to remember that we are blessed to have her in our lives today. She has overcome numerous trials - some of the most impressionable to me this week are that she has survived cancer twice since 1998. She shared some of her memories of battling it - physically and emotionally - and I just want to declare my gratitude that we have her here with us - strong and healthy. She is a beautiful person and an example to all of us in so many ways. We love and appreciate you Mary Beth/Mimi!

No comments: