Sunday, March 26, 2006

Lions...

With just a few weeks until Reece turns 3, we have begun to talk about party themes. Seems that Reece's theme of choice this year is ZOO animals. We always have fun doing our kids' birthday parties and now Reece is getting of age to offer input so that is neat. After our dinner discussion last night he has been talking, with excitement, about his party. This morning he drew this lion on his etch-a-sketch - I had to post it because I was pretty impressed with his early artistic skill....not bad, eh?!

 

And speaking of lions...tonight at bedtime Reece chose "Daniel in the Lions Den" from his Bible. As we read the story he interrupted me several times to ask why the king didn't want Daniel to pray, and lots of other "why" questions. As I tucked him in I said we should say our prayers and pray for his cousin Camrynne who isn't feeling well. He looked at me and said..."and the King will put us in the den?" He's thinking! I reassured him that wouldn't happen and we love God, just like Daniel did so we can pray and we will be safe. It seemed to me that his prayer was said a little quicker tonight, just in case! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great reminder though... to be so affected by God's word that it actually invokes feelings (fear, excitement, compassion, longing...)

If we, as the kingdom, really are to be like children... I have so much to re-learn!