Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Boys Are So Sweet

It is late and I am sleepy, and feeling a bit sentimental, so I am sure that combination will make for an interesting post....but I want to record these moments for me. And, it is my blog so I can post sappy stuff if I want to....

It is often said how sweet little boys are and I have so much evidence of it in my home. Reece is a bright kid and he must know how much it fills my heart when he tells me he loves me because he is in this stage of saying it frequently and confidently - and even in increasing measures. It is not uncommon for him to declare his love for me 5, sometimes 10 times a day - and completely spontaneously. It usually sounds something like this: "Mommy I love you so much" or "Mommy, I love you up to the sun, or the moon, or the stars, rainbow, etc.." and recently, "Mommy - Daddy can't love you because I love you." I know, I know - lots of kids tell their mommy's they love them - but do they pause from an intense game with toys on the floor to make sure I know it? Do they say it suddenly as we are driving along in the car? Do they yell it from the other room as I am busy in the kitchen? I really love this stage of my life and just writing these thoughts down has filled me with joy. Reece likes to hear the story of his arrival into this world - so I tell him about the early morning that he began to announce his arrival - and he listens so carefully, I think sensing just how much he was truly wanted. Not all kids have that privelidge in life and I am determined to make sure mine know how much we love them.

And little Chase. I will never forget the moment, just a few days ago, as I was resting on the couch and he came walking up to me and planted a big, wet kiss on my lips and then laughed with joy at his accomplishment. He suprised me and it then became a game. He is a lot of fun these days too. He has grown to love "the chase" and will get so excited that he doesn't know if he should "run" towards you or away from you when you get into that "I am gonna get you" stance. He is getting faster on his feet (but is like lightning when he crawls!). He had his first awaremess of a bodily function noise from down there (that I have witnessed anyway) and like all those of the male gender....he laughed! It is amazing! He isn't talking much yet, but he has his ways of expressing what he needs to say - usually trying to act innocent about the things he is getting into that he shouldn't be. What a joy he is - sometimes a bit of a challenging joy - HA! - but a huge joy nevertheless.

I have several girlfriends who are expecting babies in the next few weeks or months. We want more children, and would love God to bless us with a little girl someday - but as I think about my boys tonight, I feel so humbly blessed with them - and know that another one of these messy little creatures would be a great thing too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the male "bodily" functions. Like father,like sons !

Da Bear

Anonymous said...

I love this post... I'm just smiling ear to ear while I read it & I love the pictures it plants in my mind.

My friends Tommy and Kim live just an hour away from me, and they have 3 boys (and plan to adopt a little girl one day!!!). They are so good to me... They all call me Aunt Angie (since I don't have any brothers or sisters to make neices or nephews). And they give me hugs and make Valentine's Day Cards for me. I need that stuff!

Spending time with them usually awakens a deeply hidden maternal instinct in me... but spending more time with them helps me get over it!!!

Not sure if I'm cut out for motherhood... but I do pray for God to create a legacy through me somehow.

I've heard some call it the gift of singleness... Well, I've been trying to return that gift for so long, I haven't been living up to my full potential. So I think I'm gonna just enjoy the love of families like yours and Tommy & Kim and so many others while I get on with the Father's business.

Looking forward to keeping in touch more with you... I'm praying for your ministry there to be mutually encouraging - that God will use it to fill you up as much as He uses it to bless others.

Love,
Angie