Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Smiles from God

I am pretty pleased, and I know God must be too, to watch my kids praise Him. Sometimes, when Reece is playing, or is happy about something, he shouts, "hooray for God!" I think God smiles at that. We are loving our "devotional time" in our daily routine. Reece calls it his "devo game" and it is a highlight of his day. He often asks to do several devos at a time...we pray that he will always have this desire to love and learn about God. And singing...we have a cd with kids songs about God that he asks for as soon as we get in the car. He sings along and it is one of the sweetest sounds to hear his little voice singing "God is so good, He's so good to me" (but of course, you have to watch him in secret b/c he gets a little shy if he knows we are listening). And Chaser likes the music too - he knows when to clap his hands in "if you're happy and you know it" - but he claps whenever there is music so it might just be coincidental timing! He dances a lot to it too - a little rythymically(sp?) challenged, but hey! And just a few days ago, Chase began to participate in our prayer times - before meals, and bedtimes. It is so sweet. He will hold my hands and when I am done he claps twice (learned from Reece) during the AMEN. I am sure that God smiles frequently during the day as He watches and cares for their innocent and pure hearts.

"From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise" Psalms 8:2

1 comment:

Erna Wiebe said...

Care!!!!
Keep up the good work - God loves to smile. His word teaches us to
be like little children, "for such is the kingdom of Heaven." I always pray that all my grandchildren will grow up to be godly people - working in HIs kingdom. I rejoice with you.
Love and prayers,
Mom